Last updated: April 23, 2022
We, WIT BY BIT, having its registered office at 135 A B.R.B. Basu Road, Kolkata 700001, represented by its Proprietor and hereinafter referred to as the “Company” (where such expression shall, unless repugnant to the context thereof, be deemed to include its respective representatives, administrators, permitted successors and assigns).
To provide You with Our uninterrupted use of services, We may collect information about you with your permission. To ensure better protection of Your privacy, We provide this notice explaining Our information collection and disclosure policies, and the choices You make about the way Your information is collected and used.
Information we collect
We are committed to respecting Your privacy. We further recognize Your need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal or Company Information You share with us. We may collect the following information:
- Personal data such as, but not limited to, name, email, mobile number, password, etc.
- In Decorum-Sales mobile app, location data is captured in foreground and background. In foreground it is captured once per check-in where a salesperson records their customer visit, if the company enables automatic location. Location is captured in background if the company turns on automatic location updates feature as part of day tracker and salesperson grants 'all the time' location permission. Location tracking is not mandatory and salesperson can choose to use the app without giving access to background location. The background location is recorded every 15 minutes once the salesperson clicks on 'Start Day' and stops recording once the salesperson clicks on 'End Day'. This data is shared with the company's management via the web portal or Android app. The user access to location data can be controlled from the web app. This data is not used for the purpose of any advertisement. The location data is stored in a database securely via HTTPS.
- In Decorum-CRM mobile app, location data is captured in foreground only. It is captured once per activity, if the company enables capturing of location. This location data is shared with the company's management via the web portal or mobile app. The user access to location data can be controlled from the web app. This data is not used for the purpose of any advertisement. The location data is stored in a database securely via HTTPS.
- Phone camera or gallery is used in mobile apps with permission to attach the required photos with order, dispatch, check-in, expenses, opportunity, activity, etc.
- Tracking information such as, but not limited to the IP address of your device and device ID when connected to the internet. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), your computer or device browser information, and other information associated with your interaction with the Platform
- Details of Platform usage for analytics.
- To enable the provision of services opted by you
- To enable the viewing of content in your interest
- To communicate the necessary account and service related information from time to time
- To allow you to receive quality customer care services and data collection
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations
Where any service requested by You involves a third party, such information as is reasonably necessary by the Company to carry out Your service request may be shared with such third party. The Company may use contact information internally to direct its efforts for service improvement but shall immediately delete all such information upon withdrawal of your consent for the same.
To the extent possible, we provide You with the option of not divulging any specific information that you wish for us not to collect, store or use. You may also choose not to use a particular service or feature on the Platform and opt-out of any non-essential communications from the platform.
Further, transacting over the internet has inherent risks which can only be avoided by you following security practices yourself, such as not revealing account/login related information to any other person and informing our customer care team about any suspicious activity where your account may have been compromised.
Our use of your information
The information provided by you shall be used to provide and improve the service for you and all users of your organization:
- For maintaining internal record
- For enhancing the services provided
We gather information such as IP addresses, device ID, stack trace if you encounter any error during the usage of our app via Firebase Crashlytics or Sentry. By using these services, we are able to fix errors quickly.
We will not sell, license or trade Your personal information under any circumstances. We will not share your personal or organization information with others unless they are acting under our instructions or we are required to do so by law.
Information collected via Our server logs includes users' IP addresses and the pages visited. This will be used to manage the web system and troubleshoot problems. We also use third-party analytics, tracking, optimization and targeting tools to understand how users engage with our Platform.
You have the right to request the Company to elucidate the purpose of collection of said personal or organization information. We will collect and use your personal or organization information solely to fulfil those purposes specified by us, within the scope of the consent of the individual or entity concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal or organization information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. We will collect personal or organization information by lawful and fair means and with the knowledge and consent of the individual or entity concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
Information is also collected through permissions taken during the accessibility of the Application such as those collected with Camera and Location Permission.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our Websites. “Cookies” are small files sited on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services. Cookies can help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. Cookies may be used to identify logged in or registered users. Our Application uses session cookies to ensure that you have a good experience. These cookies contain a unique number, your 'session ID', which allows our server to recognize your computer and 'remember' what you've done on the site. The benefits of this are:
- You only need to log in once if you're navigating secure areas of the site
- Our server can distinguish between your computer and other users, so you can see the information that you have requested.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the application’s services. We also use various third-party cookies for usage and behavioural analytics and preferences data. The following are the different types of cookies used on the Website:
- Authentication cookies: To identify the user and share the content that he or she requested
- Functionality cookies: For the customized user experience and resuming past course progress
- Tracking, optimization, and targeting cookies: To capture usage metric on the device, operating system, browser, etc. To capture behavioural metrics for better content delivery.
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights concerning your data:
- The right to request a copy of your data which we possess
- The right to request for any correction to any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to withdraw your consent to the storing of your data at any time
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- The right to obtain information as to whether personal data is transferred to a third country or an international organization.
Where you hold an account with any of our services, you are entitled to a copy of all personal data which we hold concerning you. You are also entitled to request that we restrict how we use your data in your account when you log in.
If you’re not happy with how we are managing your data, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
You acknowledge that the Platform may contain information which is designated confidential by us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent. Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless legally required to do so to appropriate authorities. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services, and you retain sole discretion to seek for discontinuation of such communications at any point of time.
Other information collectors
Disclosure of your information
Information collected will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005, any rules made thereunder or any other law in force for the time being.
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed:
- External Service Providers
- Law and Order
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your profile
Following company setup, you can review and change the information you submitted at the stage of registration. An option for facilitating such change shall be present on the Platform and such change shall be facilitated by the User. If you change any information, we may or may not keep track of your old information. We will not retain in our files information you have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Such prior information shall be completely removed from our databases, including stored ‘back up’ systems. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or to remove your profile so that others cannot view it, the User needs to remediate, and promptly correct any such incorrect information.
Control of your password
The platform can be accessed using Google login, Microsoft login or password-less email login. In all 3 cases, we do not have access to your account’s password. Hence, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password. You must protect it against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out when necessary.
You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for all actions taken with your login information and password. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal and organization information and may have to take legally binding actions. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any consistent unauthorized use of your account or access to your password even after changing it.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the Company. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal and organization information shared or made available on the Platform.
However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. Our Company cannot guarantee 100% security of our database.
Automated decision making
As a responsible Company, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
Consent withdrawal, data download & data removal requests
To withdraw your consent, or to request the download or delete your data with us at any time, please email us at email@example.com.